Working at Zenith
Zenith offers the opportunity to be a part of an engaging environment, work on interesting, innovative projects, and be a part of our culture of building better.
Our people are integral to our success. We look for personable, knowledgeable and inquisitive individuals who bring energy and passion to our culture along with a collaborative spirit.
More than just a business, we are a values-based company at our core and strive to provide exceptional work for our customers with our select group of staff who share our values. We offer valuable benefits and are committed to providing opportunities for growth, wellness and life-work balance.
Because our core values are centred around our people, Zenith offers:
- Competitive annual salary commensurate with experience + annual profit share bonus
- Flexible work hours and location with a 35-hour workweek
- Paid time off starting with 5 weeks, including PTO at Christmas, and increasing with tenure
- Extended health care benefits
- 20 paid volunteer hours per year
- Access to gym and end-of-trip facilities
Zenith Commissioning is looking for the right individuals to add to our team here in Vancouver to share in the vision and culture of Zenith.
We are a small, specialized commissioning company with a proven reputation, looking for a Commissioning Manager to join our team in Vancouver.
Building commissioning is an interesting profession balancing interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and technical knowledge in a holistic perspective.
The senior position of Commissioning Manager is an experienced commissioning provider who is skilled in advanced building systems. This person has demonstrated experience in planning, leading, and monitoring all aspects of the commissioning process through the design, construction, handover/occupancy, and warranty phases. They can speak to all levels of project personnel, from trades to contractors to owners, and adapts to different audiences to build rapport and good working relationships. Working directly with clients to lead projects, they have overall responsibility for project execution and project quality control. They bring the engagement and commitment required through all phases of the project contract on multiple projects in parallel.
- Review and assist in the development of the Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR) and Basis of Design (BOD).
- Conduct construction document design reviews and submittal reviews against the OPR and BOD.
- Review, collate and develop commissioning documents including the Commissioning Plan and Schedule, Issues Log, Systems Manual, Current Facility Requirements, Operations and Maintenance Plan, Commissioning Report, and Warranty Resolution Plan.
- Lead commissioning meetings and participate in design coordination, consultant coordination, on-site construction coordination, and operational meetings.
- Coordinate, witness, and document on-site tasks such as field reviews, installation verifications, start-up checks, testing and owner handover demonstrations.
- Perform building operation reviews, seasonal testing, and energy analysis to validate ongoing performance.
- Liaise and develop strong working relationships with owners, project managers, designers, contractors, and trades personnel.
- Mentor and support other Zenith team members.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required.
- Minimum 10 years of direct experience in building commissioning, consulting with client building owners, general contractors, and design teams.
- Demonstrated success in commissioning planning, functional performance testing, and building performance investigation for primarily new building construction.
- Proficient in commissioning implementation of a minimum of three of the following system types: fire and life safety, mechanical, electrical, envelope, and/or IMIT.
- Familiar with commissioning processes as outlined by ASHRAE, LEED, BCxA, NEBB, and other commissioning processes.
- Skilled in stakeholder management with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to liaise and build relationships with contractors, consultants, project managers, and owners.
- Hands-on technical skills to identify and troubleshoot issues with building systems.
- Inquisitive, with excellent critical and creative thinking skills that result in practical solutions.
- Adept at managing and prioritizing multiple projects and tasks, with a proactive approach to project management and the ability to stay engaged over the duration of projects.
- Ability to present complex technical information to a wide audience with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated report-writing skills with the ability to accurately document technical information and observations.
- Commercially aware.
- Proficient in MS 365 and MS Project.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills as our projects are located in Western Canada.
- A university degree or technical diploma in engineering, engineering technology, HVAC systems or building science is an asset.
As a company, we embrace and encourage diversity in its fullest sense, including race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, and age.
Submit a Resume
Zenith provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, applicants, and job seekers, and is committed to making decisions using reasonable standards based on each individual’s qualifications as they relate to a particular employment action (e.g., hiring, training, promotions). No person shall be discriminated against in employment or harassed because of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability or pardoned conviction.